LKM Law Corporation is headed by Lau Kah Mei, who has almost a decade of varied legal experience, advising on all aspects of corporate and commercial law.
Her practice areas include a wide spectrum of areas including conveyancing (purchase and sale of properties), merger and acquisitions, joint ventures, bank documentation, private equity, corporate finance, corporate governance and compliance, agency and distribution, licensing, employment issues, regulatory matters, immigration law, data protection law, technology law, employment law, drafting of wills, and lasting powers of attorney (LPA). Her past clients include multi-national companies, SMEs, as well as individuals.
Kah Mei started her legal training at the corporate department at one of Big 4 law firms in Singapore. Thereafter, she practised at other corporate and boutique law firms, before starting LKM Law Corporation as its founding Director.
A non-exhaustive list of the matters she has handled, includes the following:
• Acted for a Singapore listed company in relation to a renounceable underwritten rights issue to raise proceeds of approximately S$151 million.
• Advised on a complex corporate restructuring exercise for a listed company which involved a ‘white knight’, hostile shareholders, creditors and a liquidator.
• Advised a UK listed FTSE 100 company on investments/acquisitions in the region.
• Acted as Singapore counsel for a US corporation in its US$20 million joint venture with a mainboard Singapore listed company.
• Reviewed corporate secretarial documentation for striking off, amalgamation and discharge of company charges amongst others.
• Advised on regulatory and licensing issues regarding the importation of medical products/devices into Singapore.
• Advised international clients on telecommunications regulatory and licensing matters in relation to the use of telecommunication equipment in Singapore.
• Reviewed and advised on banking and financing documents such as facility letters, loan agreements and share charges.
• Drafted and advised on master framework agreements for supply and purchase of goods and services.
• Advised on Personal Data Protection Act compliance.
• Advised on cross-border consultancy agreements
• Drafted and advised on employment agreements of senior executives, consultancy agreements, and deeds of termination for various Singapore companies.
• Advised on employee share option schemes.
• Advised and drafted wills for individuals
• Trademark applications
Kah Mei has a LLB from the King’s College London, United Kingdom, where she graduated with Honours. She was admitted to the Singapore Bar as an Advocate and Solicitor in 2009.